Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to automatically copy some pages from one space into another space?

Alex Goodchild December 3, 2015

Hello,

I would like to find a way to copy a page from one space into another space and make sure that the updates on one page will apply to both automatically. Is it possible?

Best regards

Alex

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2015

Unfortunately, that's not really possible, but you could wrap one of the entire pages with content in an excerpt macro, and then include the excerpt include macro on the page, and then simply make a link at the top of that page that says something like "click here to edit" and include the link from the edit menu on the first page (which you can get by right-clicking on the edit button on the page with the content and copying the link).

I think that's probably the best way to do it.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2015

You could also have the target pages just use the include macro to pull in the whole page It's slightly easier than the excerpt macro because you don't have to put anything on the source page. Another option on the "click here to edit" link might be to use guidance text instead, so that when the user clicks "edit" then they get some text to explain what {include} does. Although I've found most users don't need the help - when they edit a page and see just a box with {include space:page} they're quite good at following the link.

TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2015

+1 on the Include macro.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events