Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible for the CONTENT REPORT TABLE macro to impose an AND requirement for two labels?

KR Impersonation May 21, 2018

Hi,

The "Label(s)" field on the the CONTENT REPORT TABLE macro allows two labels to be entered with comma separators, but treats this as an OR requirement, displaying any page having Label A and/or Label B.  I would help me greatly if I could set up this macro (or any macro) to display only pages having both Label A and Label B.  Anyone know of a way to do this?  

The closest I have come is to use the SEARCH RESULTS macro's Search Terms  field, where I add:  labelText:label-1 AND labelText:label-2.  The Content Report Tables result format is nicer, though.  

I have this same need for the LIVESEARCH macro.  It has a "Restrict to Label(s)" field that accepts multiple label names, but will only perform an OR search with them.  I need an AND search that will only display pages that have ALL the labels I list.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  

Thanks,

Kevin Ryan

3 answers

0 votes
Alfie Chen November 7, 2021

For those like me who stumbled upon this post now in the future, Content by Label is what you're looking for. 

vendorbilling_ssivt_com February 3, 2022

Alfie, 

Sorry for the delay responding. Thanks for this great advice. I did not know that Content by Label could deliver the AND label filter that I wanted.  

Kevin 

0 votes
debbie.mac June 15, 2020

This is the closest open question to what I want to do, which is to pull content ONLY if it has all the search parameters, using two tags pulls up everything with either of the tags. 

Has anyone found an answer to this?

I note that this can be done using content by label but not the content report table.

0 votes
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2018

The quick solution would be to combine the 2 labels into 1 label (C). Label A and B are on a page, but add C if you want it to be in your Content Report Table.

I'll look though the knowledge base as well to see if you can do a "this and that" statement in the Content Report Table, but I doubt it.

I like being proven wrong because I then learn something new.

KR Impersonation May 23, 2018

Thanks, Jonathan.  Combining two labels into one would kind of defeat the purpose of having an AND search. I'm looking to search through only documents that are the union of documents having Label 1 and documents having Label 2 --- not to have to manually re-tag such documents with a Label 3 to achieve my end.

Kevin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events