Is anyone having trouble editing macros in Chrome?

epohl
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2013

I've used Chrome with Confluence successfully for ages, but now I can't edit macros. Page editing is fine, but when I go to add a macro, there is no vertical scroll bar in the edit macro popup so I can't get to all the settings.

Has anyone experienced and solved this problem?

Confluence 4.3.2

Chrome Version 26.0.1410.65

MacOS 10.8.3

9 answers

2 votes
epohl
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2013

Adding the CSS snippet documented here (we use the documentation theme) worked for me :-)

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-28415

1 vote
Ingvar Örn May 30, 2013

I have the same problem, Chrome Version 27.0.1453.94 m, Confluence 5.1.3 , already installed the editor-height-fix mentioned above. Have to use FF to edit macros :(

0 votes
Consu April 20, 2014

I have the same issue with the latest Chrome, none of the solutions proposed above seems to help. Is this a known issue buy Atlassian?

0 votes
Jason Benton July 25, 2013

I'm having the same issue using Chrome Version 28.0.1500.71 for Mac. I can edit them in FF and Safari.

0 votes
Scott Curry June 11, 2013
Same issue here. Not all macro controls are visible when editing macro properties. First noticed in Chrome 27 for Windows.
0 votes
Nica Huestegge May 29, 2013

Did you consider updating chrome? You mentioned aou were using 26.x, but there already is a 27.x.

Maybe that'll help.

0 votes
epohl
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2013

I installed the Atlassian add-on (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.editor-height-fix) to see if it helped, but no luck. :-(

0 votes
Nica Huestegge May 21, 2013

Hi Eliane,

I've just downloaded chrome to check whether I can replicate your problem.

Mac OS X 10.8.3, Chrome 27.0.1453.93 and Confluence 4.3.

When I try to edit a page, the editing part of the page takes just abeut one third of the page - the rest is white. I can use the scrollbar there, though. So I would be able to do everything in a small window...

But I definitely have a vertical scrollbar in the "edit macro" window. the whole edit macro seems fine.

The Editing would absolutely bother me though, so I am happily changing back to firefox...

All the best,

Nica

CharlesH
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2013
0 votes
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2013

Have you noticed this functionality changing since a certain update of Chrome? Does clearing your browser cache or working from an incognito window resolve this issue?

epohl
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2013

It's been going on a while and I didn't notice if it corresponded to a Chrome update.

Clearing the cache or using an incognito window make no difference.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events