Install using existing database

Daniel_Eng October 4, 2019

Can I install Confluence onto existing Confluence database, without having the installation wipe out the existing contents?

I don't have an xml backup of my content.

I had to reinstall the software, but I don't want the installation software to wipe the database and recreate tables because I want to preserve the pre-existing Confluence data.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2019

Use the TGZ or ZIP download instead. You can set it up manually to point to the existing database, which won't wipe the contents of the DB. Atlassian has a doc that outlines the process. I find this easier than using the installer, personally. I would recommend performing a database backup first, to be safe, though.

Daniel_Eng October 9, 2019

The option to manually point to an existing database seems to have been removed. 

I was able to accomplish the same by letting the install create a blank database and then changing confluence.cfg.xml file to point back to old database as outlined here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Cannot-restore-Confluence-from-existing-database/qaq-p/736817 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events