Install confluence without cluster setup

Felix Dorsch June 25, 2019

Hi guys,

currently im installing confluence 6.15.5 on a Windows Server 2016 (trial license).

Currently im walking through the setup wizard (web) after installation, now the wizard is asking me for the cluster configuration. Regarding this manual the cluster-setup page should not appear.

Does anybody know what i do wrong?

Regards

Felix

1 answer

0 votes
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2019

Hi Felix,

just a wild guess - did you download the installer for Confluence Data Center from https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/download/data-center?

If yes, you can try it with the one for Confluence Server: https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/download

I actually don't know if the installers are really different, but it might be worth a try.

Good luck,
Matthias.

Felix Dorsch June 25, 2019

Hi Matthias,

the installer for server and datacenter are the same.

The trial license i used while setting up was for datacenter, after creating the right license the setup wizard is different.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Felix

Like Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ likes this
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2019

Thanks for the clarification, @Felix Dorsch.

This might help someone else as well. 

Kensuke Lohse-Kimura February 9, 2021

Is the way upgrade the server to a newer version using the datacenter trial license? As we can no more request server license?

We are currently trying to upgrade our server  using the datacenter trial license. After upgrade, we  are requested to create a cluster.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events