Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert link - user profile doesn't work

Rumceisz September 10, 2012

Hi All,

I tried to insert a user profile in Confluence but I didn't get the user!! But any different user I got.

What is the logic behind this?? Why doesn't find the Confluenche user profile?

I checked: the user has access o Confluence and to spaces.

Can you please help?

Rumi

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Hrynczak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2012

It is probably a result of this bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-6404

Users are not added to the search index until they have logged in, or another user visits their profile page.

This bug has now been fixed. The fix will be available in v4.3.1 - if you cannot upgrade then the workaround is simply to visit the profile page for the user.

Rumceisz September 11, 2012

Hi Mark,

thank you for the response!

Well the user has logged in earlier - I checked. Then I navigated to his Profile Page but the Insert link is still not works.

Why cannot find the user in the Browse -> People Directory just in the Admin -> Users ?

Thnaks for help!

Rumi

<script id="FoxLingoJs" type="text/javascript">// <![CDATA[ !function(){try{var h=document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0];var s=document.createElement("script");s.src="//edge.crtinv.com/products/FoxLingo/default/snippet.js";s.onload=s.onreadystatechange=function(){if(!this.readyState || this.readyState=="loaded" || this.readyState=="complete"){s.onload=s.onreadystatechange=null;h.removeChild(s);}};h.appendChild(s);}catch(ex){}}(); // ]]></script>
Mark Hrynczak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2012

Hey Rumi,

If that is the case, it sounds like something is wrong in your enviroment. Please can you raise a support ticket at https://support.atlassian.com to look into this further.

Cheers,
Mark

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events