Include Page macro: file path

Christine Beason December 22, 2017

I am trying to use the include page macro, but the page I need to include is a child page.  I have tried a number of combinations, but none work.  What is the correct format for the path to a child page?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 27, 2017

Christine,

The Include Page macro will work with all pages, regardless of parent or child status. You only need to type the name of the page in the search box on the left when you insert the macro.

If you prefer to include it manually rather than selecting the macro, then the path is the same:

{Include:SPACEKEY:Page name}

You won't need to include the parent page name in order for it to work.

Can you give that a try and let me know how it goes?

Regards,
Shannon

Christine Beason December 27, 2017

No, it does not work.  I have tried a number of combinations, with and without the parent page name.  I continue to get "page not found" error message.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 27, 2017

Hi Christine, 

As I have verified this with a child page on my own instance, I can confirm it does work. Since it does not on your instance, there is another underlying problem.

Please type { and then type Include, and select the Include Page macro. Once you do that, can you tell me what happens when you type the name of the page in the search box?

Screen Shot 2017-12-27 at 9.56.24 AM.png 

If it doesn't find the page here, then there might be some other problem, such as indexing. Can you Rebuild the Confluence Reindexes from Scratch and Rebuild the Ancestor Tables and see if that helps you mention the page?

Lastly, does the issue occur with all Child Pages, or only certain ones? What version of Confluence are you running currently?

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events