Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Word document - heading transformation

Martin Kellner March 5, 2013

After importing a word document and splitting it at the import, the headinglevels are reset for the documents that are not on the top-level of the document tree. if Heading was "Heading 3" e.g. it is now "heading 1" in the subpage. Can I keep the levels when importing the word document?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2013

It seems that you're hitting a known bug with splitting on headings, and unfortunately there's no workaround yet. For more information please refer to the following bug report.
* https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-23002

Martin Kellner March 5, 2013

I don't know if it fits the issue.

If I have a Word document using e.g. 4 heading levels and I split it in a way that the word heading levels 3 +4 are together on single Confluence pages (each H3 makes a new page containing H4s), they become H1 and H2 in the Confluence pages. Does this fit?

RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2013

It seems it fits. As if you split from the headings, and the rest is heading 3, and heading 4, it won't preserve the heading, instead it will convert to heading 1 and heading 2 :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events