Importing Google Sites and Docs to Confluence

We've got a pretty robust Google implementation going on right now, and we're hoping to move it over to an existing Confluence installation. Are there any tools that will allow us to migrate our Google stuff to Confluence?

5 answers

1 accepted

Do you need to migrate the content to Confluence? Could you use the Google Docs Connector for Confluence plugin by AppFusions as an alternate solution? There is Google Apps authenticator that may also be of help.

Just a thought.

Failed to specify the pricing of 10$-20000$ !?

That price has come down a bit since this was posted btw.

Thanks, up to $12000 now, so if the price is going down with the same rate in two more year we may consider it.

The Universal Wiki Converter, our free conversion tool, doesn't currently offer a converter module for Google Sites.

If you need some hands-on additional assistance with the conversion, the best option is to work with an Atlassian partner, as many do specialize in Confluence conversions and can write a custom converter for you. Feel free browse the partner directory. A couple to mention:

I've also spotted an archived thread in our old forums, where Laura Kolker, one of the lead developers for the UWC, has mentioned some workarounds: http://forums.atlassian.com/thread.jspa?threadID=41131&tstart=0&messageID=257373633.

I am also interested in this, but I think half the problem is on the Google Sites side. I thought the new Google Sites API would help, but it looks to me as if it lets you copy a site (to create a new Google Site), not export the content. You can get all the attachments from a site, but I did not see a way to get the pages out in any usable format. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that; it would be a relief to see some easier way to migrate to Confluence.

You can export the entirety of your Google Site using the tool found at http://code.google.com/p/google-sites-liberation/

1 vote

In additon to all the above comments, you might also want to to watch / vote on these issues:

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

375 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you