Import into spaces: issues with rights

scerbo November 21, 2014

Hi,

I need to import some xml files into a confluence space.

I am talking about a large amount of xmls and to perform this I am asked to have admin rights.

The problem is this operations is going to be done by an external Vendor. As a company we can't (for safety reasons) give admin rights to a Vendor.

So do I have other options here to perform this operation?

Please let me know

3 answers

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2014

Hi scerbo,

it depends what you need them to do.  You can have them put the files on the confluence server (just make the directory available for them to upload files to (more information here:  https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Restoring+a+Space#RestoringaSpace-RestoringaspacefromanXMLbackup ).  You will then have to log in as admin and manually add the spaces.

Another option is using the xml-rpc api, although I'm not sure if you also have to be an admin to use the importSpaces function.

In other words, it's difficult/impossible to do it without having admin rights, that's probably why you didn't get any other answers.

0 votes
scerbo November 24, 2014

nothing?

0 votes
scerbo November 22, 2014

Any help?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events