Images not attached when using UWC to convert dokuwiki

I am using uwc (3.13.0) for converting our DokuWiki (Release 2010-11-07a "Anteater") using the hierarchy conversion.

I have copied the wiki to external local harddisk so I have the folders
E:\DevelopWiki\data\pages\Develop\Teams
E:\DevelopWiki\data\media\Develop\Teams

Each of those contains multiple subfolders (one per team)

So when converting I put the follow in the GUI of UWC:
Attachments: E:\DevelopWiki\data\media\Develop\Teams\TeamWebBE
Pages: E:\DevelopWiki\data\pages\Develop\Teams\TeamWebBE

In the config file there are the following settings:
DokuWiki.001.space-TeamMacGyver.property =TeamWebBE
DokuWiki.001.attachmentdirectory.property=E:/DevelopWiki/data/media/Develop/Teams/TeamWebBE

The pages and the hierarchy import well, but the attachments are not imported
So the wiki markup contains correctly built strings like "<ri:attachment ri:filename="teamlogo.jpg">" but there are no attachments anywhere in the space.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

We have contacted AppFusions, they are doing the conversion for us. This solves our problem.

Are you talking about UWC version 4.0? Or do you mean the AppFusions staff converted your DokuWiki to Confluence?

I am sorry, my answer was not so clear: the staff from AppFusions is doing the conversion for us. The person that wrote the UWC is working for them and she adapts the conversion process to our needs (takes care of converting our plugins, ...). She is working iteratively: so she makes a test run of a conversion, we look at the results and give our remarks, change requests, ..., then she does another test run for us, ... We will go live with our converted wiki, next week :-)

I've the same trouble. I think it depends on list of collisions in "DokuWiki.001.collision-titles-space.property".

If collision-titles-space.property contains the name of media_subfolder, then files from media_subfolder are not converted.

Update: http://forums.atlassian.com/thread.jspa?threadID=52952&tstart=15 The same problem.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,578 views 26 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you