I would like to see only open tasks in my action log

Rob Staples May 17, 2021

I’ve seen examples where by the task box is marked as ‘complete’ and Confluence moves the completed task to a separate table below accessible by a drop down link - does any one know how to set this process up?

Screen shot of what I would like to achieve:

F623FB2B-C11A-4E91-B2F0-BBCE345BAF14.png

Many thanks 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 18, 2021

Hi @Rob Staples,

Pretty sure that the way this is implemented is by using two Task Report macros with the same filter. Additionally, the first macro is set up to only show incomplete tasks, while the second macro is set up to only show complete tasks. This should "move your tasks down" to the second macro once you complete them. Hope this makes sense! :)

Cheers,
Sven from Lively Apps - Makers of Task Reminder for Confluence

Rob Staples May 18, 2021

@Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_ @Thanks for your response.

It makes sense but I don’t know how to add the ‘task complete’ status column with a macro?

also, the actions would be documented on other pages for example, I manage different projects using separate reports - the actions need to be pulled from the notes made on those pages and populated in this one central log?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 18, 2021

Hi @Rob Staples,

Not sure whether you're on Server or Cloud but you need to insert the Task Report macro into your page. Like this:

Task_Report_Test_-_Sven_Schatter.png

When you do that, a dialog should open up where you can choose the settings for the settings for the macro. So in your cases, you want to look for the "status" option:

Hope this helps!

By the way, if you have any other ideas how you want to use Confluence tasks, let me know! We are always looking for cool ideas to improve our app Task Reminder for Confluence. :)

Cheers,
Sven

Marketplace Partner
May 18, 2021

Sorry, just saw that you had a second question! The Task Report macro also allows you to filter for tasks that are on a given page. So you can decide exactly what tasks will be displayed. I think this is exactly what you want:

There's even more filtering options in the macro. Definitely have a look at it, I think it can do exactly what you need. :)

Cheers,
Sven

Rob Staples May 18, 2021

@Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_  great, thks vm!

It would be good if 1) update comments could be added to task on the task report and 2) the task status could be updated on the task report page 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events