I'm embedding a pdf on a confluence page, but the pages of the pdf are coming up totally blank. How do I fix this?

My pdf's aren't showing up in the pdf macro, they just appear blank. Additionally, in the excel & word macros the images in my documents don't appear - can only the text come through when using this macro?

2 answers

Hi,

This is a late response, but you might find it usefull:

The Link Preview (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.xpandit.plugins.linkpreview-confluence) is a great Confluence Utility. You can preview PDF documents, images and webpages, simply by hovering them.

Try it now.

Best Regards,

PMRodrigues

Very late with a response here, but hopefully someone will find this helpful since I just ran into this issue and figured out how to fix it. 

When you open the PDF macro settings there is a Page Name field, which is typically pre-populated with the name of the current page you are on. If you clear this field value out, the PDFs suddenly appear in the next field (where you pick the PDF to be shown). 

It's still no explanation for why this issue is happening, but it's a workaround at least.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

373 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you