I have edit permissions for a page but can't see the Edit button.

Nicholas Shockett June 22, 2015

I have edit permissions for a page but can't see the Edit button. How can i get access to edit? The page owner gave me view permissions first and that worked instantly, I urgently need the edit access too.

5 answers

1 vote
George Lewis July 10, 2018

I have the similar issue. This started a few days ago.

I can no longer edit in chrome. But I can edit in Firefox.

Permissions are correct and have not been changed recently.

1 vote
Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2015

You may not have edit permission for the space.

0 votes
Prashanth-GB June 21, 2018

Same issue appearing for me as well. I am using Confluence Cloud and edit button along with other options[start/stop watching, share this page with others and ...] on top right of a page were appearing till yesterday. Unable to find it on any of the pages. But edit button is visible in Overview section of the Space but not on any of the pages in that space. I have checked the Permissions and they are fine. I am the creator of the page and edit button should be visible to me atleast. 

I am using Chrome Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Terry McInerney February 4, 2019

Ever solve this I have the same issue?

Rick Hanson September 13, 2019

I held down the ctrl key and clicked on refresh and I got them back.

Like # people like this
Gunilla Gunness September 16, 2019

Thanks!!! That solved the issue for me too!

Anupama Nandihalli July 22, 2020

Thanks Rick !!, It solved the issue for me too.

Akiva Kennedy January 21, 2021

Cheers Rick, worked for me too!

StephanieC May 11, 2021

LOL, did not work for me. I checked all permissions. Sometimes rebooting helps, sometimes it doesnt. Switching browsers does not make a difference. Its only in one space. I have full permissions to the space and pages Im trying to edit. :-(

shannon.mcdowd May 24, 2021

Out of desperation, I just tried something I thought was probably ridiculous, and it worked!

Try clicking the "..." then "Restrictions" then give yourself permission to edit there.  I didn't think of this earlier, because the lock icon for editing/viewing restrictions wasn't showing up on the page I wanted to edit either.  I have universal permission to edit anywhere in Confluence, but had to give myself permission to edit our main page >_<  

Like daniel.sauerwein likes this
0 votes
Ken Clark September 15, 2015

Jonathan,

So, if I don't have edit permission for a space, how is it I can be granted permission to edit a page in that space?  Is that a bug or is there some rationale? Thanks.

Gauthier de Spa September 24, 2019

Same issue here, must be an aging bug :(

Like EricWu likes this
0 votes
Nicholas Shockett June 22, 2015

What if I should only be allowed permission to edit that one page within the space?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events