I have edit permissions for a page but can't see the Edit button.

I have edit permissions for a page but can't see the Edit button. How can i get access to edit? The page owner gave me view permissions first and that worked instantly, I urgently need the edit access too.

5 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

You may not have edit permission for the space.

What if I should only be allowed permission to edit that one page within the space?

Jonathan,

So, if I don't have edit permission for a space, how is it I can be granted permission to edit a page in that space?  Is that a bug or is there some rationale? Thanks.

Same issue appearing for me as well. I am using Confluence Cloud and edit button along with other options[start/stop watching, share this page with others and ...] on top right of a page were appearing till yesterday. Unable to find it on any of the pages. But edit button is visible in Overview section of the Space but not on any of the pages in that space. I have checked the Permissions and they are fine. I am the creator of the page and edit button should be visible to me atleast. 

I am using Chrome Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I have the similar issue. This started a few days ago.

I can no longer edit in chrome. But I can edit in Firefox.

Permissions are correct and have not been changed recently.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

569 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you