I cannot access the page that I was granted access for.

Emiko.Irino April 19, 2023

Hi all, 

I cannot access any of the confluence pages unless the page is made public. I have been granted access to the non-public page (I have the screenshot and I even have editing power for it) but when I access the link I get the "page not found" response. Would anyone please now how to fix this? Thank you. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ash Yadav - VMotion IT Solutions
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2023

Hi @Emiko.Irino welcome to the Atlassian Community! 

This is more than likely related to how the permissions are structured within your organization. 

Without knowing much about how your organization is setup, the quickest way to resolve this would be to find someone with the same access level and permissions as you (and can view the page or space) and compare their permissions against yours. 

The correct approach would be to identify which permission or group is missing from your user profile (Also check the restrictions on the pages, they'll tell you who and what they apply to). 

I can see you've selected server, so is it safe to assume you're using Confluence on server? 

The reason I mention this is because Permission Helper exists on Cloud and DC, see: 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-54347

If you're able to share the current permissions on a certain page or space, I'd be happy to help further (Please don't share confidential information, blur/black-out anything sensitive).

Kind Regards, 

Ash 

Emiko.Irino April 19, 2023

Thank you very much for that Ash. I might got and find a colleague with the same setting but does have access as you recommended and take it from there. I will come back if I get stuck again, thank you! 

Ash Yadav - VMotion IT Solutions
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2023

No problem at all.

Let me know if you need any help from there and if this answer was helpful, please mark it as accepted to help others find it :) 

Kind Regards, 

Ash 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events