Hyper link is not clickable when excel macro is displayed on confluence page

I have an excel sheet in which I have hyperlinks which link to various web pages. I would like to display this excel sheet on a confluence page, so I have used excel macro to display it.

But when the excel sheet is displayed on the confluence page, the hyperlinks are visible but I am not able to click them and navigate to the respective page. Is there a way to these hyperlinks clickable, while the excel sheet is displayed on the cofluence page as an excel macro? If not could you please suggest some other alternative.

Thanks

Sunny

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer
Joe Clark Atlassian Team Jan 31, 2012

What version of the excel macro are you using? It looks like it is a known bug that was fixed in version 3.7.1 of the plugin: https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/XL-54

Maybe @Bob Swift will have a better answer?

Install the snapshot and verify it solves your issue. If so, I can make it a release soon.

thanks for th help. BUt one question, the snapshot contains a jar file. How/where do I use/install that file?

Sorry, I am a liitle new to this.

Joe Clark Atlassian Team Jan 31, 2012

You can use Confluence's plugin management console to install the plugin by uploading the jar file. Here are the instructions: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Installing+a+Plugin#InstallingaPlugin-Uploadingyourownplugin

Hello Sunny,

If you find the solution to this question. Kindly share.

Hello Sunny,

Kindly share if you find solution to this question.

Thanks

Is there an update on this issues? Has this been fixed?

I ahve the same issue. Confluence 4.1.4. Using viewxls macro.

Thanks,

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in New to Confluence

How to use Confluence Cloud for stakeholder management

Most of us don’t need much convincing that stakeholder management is important. It just makes sense that keeping everyone in-the-know on projects and assigning clearly defined roles is key to having ...

1,202 views 4 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you