Hyper link is not clickable when excel macro is displayed on confluence page

Jagbir Singh January 30, 2012

I have an excel sheet in which I have hyperlinks which link to various web pages. I would like to display this excel sheet on a confluence page, so I have used excel macro to display it.

But when the excel sheet is displayed on the confluence page, the hyperlinks are visible but I am not able to click them and navigate to the respective page. Is there a way to these hyperlinks clickable, while the excel sheet is displayed on the cofluence page as an excel macro? If not could you please suggest some other alternative.

Thanks

Sunny

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2012

What version of the excel macro are you using? It looks like it is a known bug that was fixed in version 3.7.1 of the plugin: https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/XL-54

Maybe @Bob Swift will have a better answer?

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2012

Install the snapshot and verify it solves your issue. If so, I can make it a release soon.

Jagbir Singh January 31, 2012

thanks for th help. BUt one question, the snapshot contains a jar file. How/where do I use/install that file?

Sorry, I am a liitle new to this.

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2012

You can use Confluence's plugin management console to install the plugin by uploading the jar file. Here are the instructions: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Installing+a+Plugin#InstallingaPlugin-Uploadingyourownplugin

0 votes
aravinth Renganathan October 9, 2012

Is there an update on this issues? Has this been fixed?

I ahve the same issue. Confluence 4.1.4. Using viewxls macro.

Thanks,

0 votes
Priyanka Dawani January 30, 2012

Hello Sunny,

Kindly share if you find solution to this question.

Thanks

0 votes
Priyanka Dawani January 30, 2012

Hello Sunny,

If you find the solution to this question. Kindly share.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events