Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How we can separate JIRA users vs. Confluence useres

Jeffrey Luna April 14, 2020

Hi Experts,

I deactivated users from JIRA (for license cleanup). When this user tried to login to Confluence, he/she is not able to login on it. How we can separate the access of a user so that, he is still able to use the Confluence even if his/her account is deactivated in JIRA?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2020

It depends how you have your user directory configured but basically you need to check which groups have access to which application and remove user from the group that Jira is used to count the license (e.g jira-users) and keep the group for Confluence (e.g confluence-users)

Jeffrey Luna April 15, 2020

Thank you Mirek. I'm able to differentiate them. If user only needs an access to Confluence, then I will remove their access in JIRA. In this way, we can save some licenses.

Like Mirek likes this
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2020

Yes it is a good practice to check if your users are using the software and remove those that never logged in or did this 5 years ago :) .. That would give you best picture how your instance is used. There are many addons in the marketplace that can help you manage user. You can explore starting form checking below URL

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=User%20Management

Cheers! :)

0 votes
Armitha Reddy Toorpu Ceema January 3, 2024

Hi Jeffrey,

To deactivate users individually, Please, you can try using the following URL:

Deactivate users for Jira 

Please accept the answer if it is useful for you.

Thanks,

Armitha.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events