Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use custom CSS?

Lewis Smith April 15, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Getting Help and Support

Ask your question here...

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2016

Add the css to the page or space you need.

Lewis Smith April 18, 2016

Ok, sorry for being very new to this product with very little time to get-up-to-speed. I want to specifically customize the "Space" including the default header and navigation, so that all pages in the space adhere to the custom UI. Also, I will need to customize individual page content and would like to do all of this by linking to a custom.css file.

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2016

It's quite a powerful system with a lot of tricks and nuances.  As a new starter, it's hard to find a lot of it because there's so much.  When you're experienced with it though, although it might not be hard to guess what people might think they want when they ask a short question, it's quite hard to work out what they really need to do!  So it's a difficult question on both sides!

For the styling of a space, start with a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/styling-confluence-with-css-166528400.html - you can apply the css quite easily, but it's done in-line, not from a file.   If you want to store it in files, it's going to get difficult, because you'll need to embed them in the application.

Page css is a different matter - it's a lot harder, and you have to mess around tricking Confluence into doing it at the right place.  Obviously, pages take their css from their space, so where possible, do it in there.  I'm not sure how to do pages, I've always run away screaming, unless I've got an add-on like the Theme Builder that can do stuff at that level (and even then, that was actually at a theme level and controlled with labels or page types rather than page specific)

Lewis Smith April 18, 2016

Excellent! This is a good starting point for me. I will certainly be able to do most of it at the space level, but will have some unique page content that will need a few page level classes. Thanks for this feedback.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events