How to use User Macro fields in Page Properties Report

Dear Community, I am kindly sking for help with the following:

Situation

I have a User Macro that renders a table in the format of a >Page Properties< macro. This macro is embedded in the >Page Properties< macro body.

Goal

Now I would like to use the >Page Properties Report< macro to show the data entered in the User Macro but it will not work.

Assumption

The logical assumption here is that the User Macro stores its metadata in a way that makes it not actual part of the "content" of the page and it is therefore inaccessible to the >Page Properties Report< macro for extraction. Yet there might be a smart workarround I have not figured but some of you may know about.

Many thanks!

Tomas

2 answers

I had the same experience with the include and excerpt-include macros. If there is a smart workaround, I would love to hear about it, but I think it is unlikely.

So do I, but it might be worth exploring and maybe even getting it to a feature request as the use case is good, I think: You have a template with e.g. 3 fields and over time it gets used dozen of times at which' point you decide to add one more field to the page properties. That is the point when, if done via user macro, would yielld its benefit....

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,126 views 17 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you