Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to track user activities in Confluence web portal

r k May 4, 2013

How to track user activities in Confluence web portal which is hosted in intranet , is there any build in plug-in that can be used to get user activity report graphically or in table format ( by avoiding the option like Google Analytics, would not like to expose the intranet site) ?

For example: if we need to get the report of logged in user name, sites they have visited, session duration etc

3 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 4, 2013

Take a look at Mixpanel Engagement Analytics for Confluence

It tracks almost every interaction a user can have with the Confluence wiki.

Here's a quick and dirty video demo I recorded: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Enx3VJQb_xc

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2013

Thanks for the video, that's very helpful. I look forward to upgrading to 5, eventually. Does it provide any other info, such as what people are searching for? Or do we need to keep using Google Analytics for that sort of thing.

Cheers.

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 6, 2013

@Mick Currently, there are no details of what people are searching for in the Mixpanel plugin. That's something for us to add to our roadmap. What else are you interested in other than search? Perhaps you can reply direct: david@appfusions.com

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2013

Dave, thanks, will do. I'd have to go back and review your demo again to know what this functionality DOESN'T include.

For me knowing what people are searching for is always going to be helpful. I'm not sure about what else I might like to see, but if I could see what people are searching for then I would hope to be able to improve the content to make it easier for them and to create new material with those thoughts in mind.

I suppose a sub-level of that knowledge would be how quickly they found what they were looking for, in terms of both time and accuracy. For example, did the results return something specific (and the user went straight to the page they wanted) or was something more vague returned, and they had to search agin with a new term/or dug through the results until they found what they wanted.

Cheers.

0 votes
r k May 8, 2013

Hi Ellen,

Goodday!

I am looking to get information like Confluence webportal Uage Statistics like - user name , web page visited, session time, popular web pages etc, portal activityy graph etc

I found something in net - Piwik for intranet stat analysis (http://piwik.org/intranet-analytics/)

Any one has tried this combination with Confluence to get user statistics for a intranet portal?

Please guide me if you have any information on this.

Regards,

Rajesh

0 votes
r k May 5, 2013

Hi David, Thanks a lot .

But for Mixpanel Engagement Analytics we need to open the URL as it has got firewall restriction:

Firewall restrictions

The Confluence system requires access to

Is there a solution with in Confluence (any plug-in) where we don't explose our intranet data to the external world, as we would prefer a solution where our user data doesnot go out of our network.

Please suggest..

Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 7, 2013

Hi @R K

For that, you'd need a locally installed and integrated Business Intelligence server, I think.

Jaspersoft is very cool - we've done some work with JIRA reports and Jaspersoft. Now that you mention it, a Confluence integration would also be really great.

Happy to make this happen for you - and productize an integration so its supported longer term.

Do you want to email us a base set of analytics you'd like tracked?

Ellen
info@appfusions.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events