How to sort the columns?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Page Properties Report Macro

By default the macro sorts the columns in alphabetical order, but this is only rarely correct. How to sort the columns?

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

You can use Table Filter macro to set default sorting: it works with Status macro as well and it is possible to sort on multiple columns at once.

Hi Alabaue, I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to sort, or the problem you're experiencing in your macro - but there are a few things to consider.  

There are two ways to sort columns in the Page Properties Report macro.  You can define a column to sort by (in the macro's Sort by field), and sort this ascending or descending (using the Reverse sort checkbox) - this sets the default sort when the page is displayed, or you can sort the macro by clicking the column headings. 

If the Page Properties Report macro is showing 10 items from a possible 15, clicking the column headings to sort the columns will only sort the 10 items that are visible, not all returned items. 

If you want to be able to sort by a date column, using date lozenges in your pages will mean your dates sort correctly (type // to trigger the date picker). 

Hope this helps

Hi Rachel, I would like to sort the columns in the table. In the example, shown in the documentation, it is 'Title' (given as the first column), 'Curren status', 'Deadline', 'Team'. How do you do it, when you need it in the order: 'Title' (given as the first column), 'Curren status', 'Team', 'Deadline' or 'Title' (given as the first column), 'Team', 'Curren status', 'Deadline' Thank you for your inputs.

Ah, unfortunately the macro doesn't allow you to define multiple columns to sort by - just one.

Awesome, thanks for the tip!

It might be worth it to add this to the help page.

Use the param 'Columns to show' (in the macro display options of the Page Properties Report macro) for sorting the order of the columns. When you add all the column headers in teh required order there, the table is displayed accordingly.

In your case specify:

Title, Curren status, Team, Deadline

or

Title, Team, Curren status, Deadline

Except for the Title column which still comes first regardless.

Actually, this thing really doesn't seem to work.
Not with even with plain text content.

I'm using the Confluence Cloud version.
I've specified the columns explicitly, which works
I've specified the sorting column (which is 1 word, no spaces or anything tricky) but no love.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

473 views 6 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you