How to restore Confluence from backup zip file?

Bahar Çağlar September 4, 2012

Hi,

I upgraded confluence 4.1.3 to 4.3, but I got system error. Now I want to restore from the saved backup.zip file.

I simply replace it with the existing confluence folder, but I am getting the following error.

What is the problem? and How can I fix it?

Thanks

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.getInterruptibly(LazyReference.java:152)
	com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.get(LazyReference.java:115)
	com.atlassian.confluence.web.filter.LanguageExtractionFilter.getLocaleManager(LanguageExtractionFilter.java:63)
	com.atlassian.confluence.web.filter.LanguageExtractionFilter.doFilter(LanguageExtractionFilter.java:48)
	com.atlassian.core.filters.AbstractHttpFilter.doFilter(AbstractHttpFilter.java:31)
	com.atlassian.confluence.util.RequestCacheThreadLocalFilter.doFilter(RequestCacheThreadLocalFilter.java:25)
	com.atlassian.core.filters.HeaderSanitisingFilter.doFilter(HeaderSanitisingFilter.java:44)
	com.atlassian.confluence.servlet.FourOhFourErrorLoggingFilter.doFilter(FourOhFourErrorLoggingFilter.java:65)

1 answer

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2012

Hi, to restore Confluence from the xml zip backup, you will need to import this into Confluence from the admin menu. There is a import function. If the backup doesn't contain attachments, you'll also need to copy that folder across.

Can you explain further on what you tried to do?

Bahar Çağlar September 4, 2012

The system does not running so I cannot use xml backup from admin menu. Is there an alternative way to do this from console or something like that?

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2012

What you can do, assuming your system does no longer work and you already have backups is to erase the database and the file system and start from scratch. You will then be given the option (on a fresh install) to import from backup zip.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events