How to remove dashboard recent activity?

Hi,Sir,

How to remove dashboard recent activity? please see the red color frame as blew

I try to disable dashboard macro plugin and edit code of global layout, still don't work.

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

Hi, All,

I find out the solution to remove dashboard recent activity.

Go to Confluence Admin > Look & Feel > Layouts -> Global Layout

delete the code

<div class="dashboard-group right wiki-content">
$helper.renderConfluenceMacro("{recently-updated-dashboard:showProfilePic=true}")
</div>## right

It's work for me.

You can create a new space and use the new space as your landing page for all users. This will allow you to be able to configure a lot more within the page then the default dashboard. Upon creating your new space you can elect to NOT use the recently activity list.

Here is how to change you landing page:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+the+Site+Home+Page

(This is just one of many options but allows for a lot of felxability)

Hi, Stephen,

Using Space as Site Homepage is a good solution. But the layout of space as dashboard is not match my requirement.

Thanks your suggestion.

Alternatively, you could edit the Global Layout of Confluence. I found no good documentation for doing so (so I coudn't paste a link), but you can find the global layouts here: Confluence Admin > Look & Feel > Layouts.

For major changes you'll need some knowledge on Velocity, but just removing the recent activity macro shouldn't be too difficult.
I recommend not to directly change your live Confluence, but to do the changes in a test installation of Confluence. Then, as soon as you're satisfied, apply the changes to the live system.

Kirstin

Hi, Kirstin,

I disable recently-updated-dashboard macro of dashboard macro add-ones,

dashboard recent activity is disappear, but there is "Unknown macro: {recently-updated-dashboard}" shown in dahsboard.

Please see the image as below

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,525 views 25 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you