How to remove a non-expired license from confluence?

Adriana Gonzalez August 9, 2019

Hello.  I decommissioned an instance of confluence because it was not working. Now we have applied the license to the one that is working.  How do I remove the license from the old instance?

1 answer

0 votes
Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2019

Hi,

I probably don't fully understand your situation and what you want to do. If you have replaced an old expired license with a new one, what license do you want to remove?

Thanks, Pavel

Adriana Gonzalez August 12, 2019

Hi Pavel,

I have two running instances of Confluence at the moment because we kept having redirect errors on one so we brought a new instance of confluence.  Unfortunately, I had already licensed the first one and now I have applied that same license to the second one. My question is how do I remove the license from the first instance of confluence?

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2019

Hi @Adriana Gonzalez,

aha, thanks for your explanation.

The easiest way to exchange your production license for another is to generate a trial version of Confluence (https://my.atlassian.com) and upload that license there (Confluence Administration -> Licence details). 

The trial license expires in a month.

Pavel

Adriana Gonzalez August 12, 2019

Thanks, Pavel. I will have to try that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events