Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove a Long-Running Task on Confluence Server?

Annica Waltersson May 16, 2021

While attempting to update an app, the task got stuck and stays as a long-running task only displaying the Installing panel on the Manage apps page stuck in "Downloading... Installing..." and preventing further actions.

We are on Confluence server 7.11.1 and I can only find information on how to kill the long-running task on Cloud (https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-remove-long-running-tasks-1014672667.html). Any advice on how to resolve this on Confluence server is appreciated, thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2021

Hi Annica,

I'm afraid the only solution is to restart Confluence. Have you tried that yet?

Processes can not be killed separately in Confluence server as there is only 1 system process: the java process.

Annica Waltersson May 17, 2021

Thank you Charlie, a restart resolved the issue :)

Like Charlie Misonne likes this
Harold Price May 10, 2023

I have encountered the same problem after installing an add-on. We restarted the service and still get the error you described:

A long-running task has been initiated by another user. To avoid conflicts, you will not be able to update apps until this task has completed.

Is there any other way to solve this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events