How to properly export a page containing filtered data from confiforms?

Stefan Vogt April 30, 2021

Dear all!

I want to export a Confluence page to PDF file showing data after filtering. The data is managed by Confiforms. Actually the macro ‘ConfiForms Form Filter Control’ doesn't seem to influence the generated PDF file.

This is a simple example:

grafik.png

That's the page content after filtering i want to export to PDF (show result of 'Jira' only!):

grafik.png

But unfortunately i get a PDF file after export showing all the form data in field 2:

grafik.png

Maybe someone has a clue to overcome this problem.

Much regards

Stefan

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2021

ConfiForms (when using ConfiForms Dynamic Filter macro) dynamically filters the contents of a page. Confluence export functionality knows nothing about it and uses page storage format to render and generate the output PDF

The best option here is to use printing functionality of your browser and use "print to pdf" to print/export exactly what you see on the screen

Alex

Stefan Vogt April 30, 2021

Thanks Alex for the given fast reply. I understand. :-)

2 votes
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2021

Hi @Stefan Vogt ,

You may also check if you have the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app installed for your instance - the Table Filter macro supports ConfiForms, so you'll be able to filter your table using our macro and export only the filtered results into pdf, CSV and Word formats. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events