How to post macro enabled(.xlsm) excel content on the confluence page

Yadunandan November 20, 2017

Hi,

We have created macro enabled(.xlsm) excel tool to generate report tables and charts. We like to post this data to confluence page.

We have understood that .xlsx content can be posted on the confluence page but none of the confluence macros recognizing .xlsm workbook.

Please advise.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trond Langvandsbraaten
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 6, 2021

simple drag and drop the excel xlms file onto your confluence page and then when you use Insert the Office Excel macro it auto populates the Excel file in the "File Name" Column (you can leave the Page name field empty).

1 vote
Marc Moroz February 6, 2019

Save the .xlsm as .xls (NOT .xlsx).  This will give a warning but it will allow you to save the file with the macros in it and the Confluence macro will read it.  Whenever you open the file, it will give you a warning and ask if you really want to open the file.  Just say yes.

This isn't my solution.  I found it somewhere but forget where.  Thanks to whoever actually figured this out.

1 vote
Marc Moroz April 22, 2018

True to form, this has been requested for years, seems like common sense, appears to be a minor change, and Atlassian isn't going to do it.

Is it possible for the code to be shared so that a free add-on can be provided that allows xlsm?  If Atlassian doesn't care about the widget, turn it over to the community.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events