Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How-to navigate long Confluence pages in edit mode?

Mikhail Naumov June 26, 2019

The only way I found is simple scroll, not convenient when making a lot of small changes in different parts of a page.

Some sort of MS Word Navigation Pane would be very useful.

Any ideas?

4 answers

3 votes
Irina Sanikovich _StiltSoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 22, 2021

You can use InPlace Editor to quickly navigate between headings in the page view mode and edit long, high-structured, and macro rich pages as individual sections in the pop-up with native Confluence editor.

1 vote
cburkins December 28, 2020

I find this mildly frustrating as well.  As my Confluence documents get longer, when I go into edit mode, I observe:

• Edit mode doesn't remember your last location, always rolls you to the top of the document even when you're position where you want to edit
  • The Table of Contents macro is not functional in edit mode, so I can't use that to quickly navigate to the section I want to edit.

Which forces me to manually scroll, hunting for the section I want to edit.

To further exacerbate the problem, it seems like there isn't a "Save and Stay" button.  To save, I have to click "Save", which causes me to exit edit mode.   And when I want to edit again, I have to re-navigate to my desired edit location all over again.

Hey look, first-world problem to be sure, but seems like there a few different lightweight solutions that would solve this problem....

0 votes
Kamer V January 5, 2021

@Mikhail Naumov 

If you still need a macro for easier navigation for long pages in Confluence, here you have have a macro I use: 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221814/easy-heading-pro-for-confluence?hosting=datacenter&tab=overview

It works on "Edit mode" as well.

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2019

Hello Mikhail,

Welcome to Atlassian Community! It's nice to meet you.

There's no feature like that in Confluence, but you might be able to find a 3rd party add-on that could help you with this. I would recommend you check out the Marketplace listings

Let me know if you have any questions about any of those add-ons!

Regards,

Shannon

Mikhail Naumov June 27, 2019

Thank you! checked the link, didn't find anything so far(

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2019

Mikhail,

I wasn't sure when I checked either if any of them would provide the functionality. At any rate, I included your question in the Marketplace Collection, so if a vendor knows that their product provides it, they will be able to let us know here.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events