How to modify default Confluence search?

puneet_mishra July 22, 2020

Hello community members,

We are looking at ways to modify a default confluence search functionality to make it more restricted for confluence users. Right now, the search result is bringing search results from across the confluence application, which allows users to see the contents that they are not supposed to see. We wish to restrict this search result by making it more restrictive by applying some sort of filtering based on groups or spaces that a user is assigned. This way a user can only see the pages or space contents that they should see and access preventing unauthorized access. I think this is part of a core application and I am not sure how to override this behavior.

Note: By mentioning the confluence search, I mean the one that gets displayed when we simply click on the quick-search bar at the top of the confluence page. It mainly redirects a user to "dosearchsite.action" page with queryString as the parameter. 

1 answer

0 votes
Robby Holtmann_IntraFind Software AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 8, 2021

Hello @puneet_mishra 

Unfortunately I only saw your entry now. Perhaps you are interested in a real enterprise search solution for Confluence. 

iFinder Confluence Search is available at Atlassian Marketplace and you can start directly with a trial.

Our article in the Atlassian community will give you more information. If you like a demo first, please contact us at atlassian@intrafind.com

Best regards

Robby

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events