How to list "How to" articles

Alicia Pena May 14, 2015

We have How-to article spaces under a few subject areas.  But in the operations space their how to articles do not show up as linked text on their "How-to article" page.  They click the "Add how-to article" box and create a how to page.  The page lists correctly under it's parent in the side bar after it's created, but theres no links created on the How-to article page itself.

If do the same thing on any of the other How to spaces and it lists both on the side panel and as a link on the How-to article page.

Take a look below.  This is what the operations How-to article page looks like even though they have 8 "How To" pages.  All 8 how to pages list on the side panel under How-to articles but no links show up under the How-to article page.  How do I add the list of links to the pages here instead of those dashes and crosses?

image2015-5-14 21:57:29.png

Thank you,

Alicia

8 answers

0 votes
Graham Zabel December 13, 2018

I have the same problem

Graham Zabel December 13, 2018

I fixed this by updating the Space Key in

Edit ‘Content Report Table’ Macro

which was no longer valid after moving the How To page.

Lyle Holmes December 14, 2018

Hi Graham...could you give me a little more info on updating the Space Key. I have the same problem after moving my How to articles, too.

Graham Zabel December 14, 2018

Screenshot 2018-12-14 at 16.40.19.png

If you moved your How To articles to a new space, you must update the Space key as above.

Lyle Holmes December 14, 2018

Worked perfectly. Thanks Graham. I have a Senior Director looking at the wiki this morning. Big help. Have a nice Friday.

0 votes
Carl Wilson August 14, 2017

Same or similar problem.  I have 4 articles listed under the parent in the side bar, but 18 articles in the main list on the How-to article page.

Can I bump this question?

0 votes
Angela Boston
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2016

My apologies for asking questions in answers... I deleted the default report macro from the How-to page and entered a new one.  This worked.  

0 votes
Angela Boston
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2016

Guilherme Viana - I, too, have Alicia's problem and the pages are not restricted.  Any ideas? 

0 votes
Guilherme V.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2015

I'm glad to hear it's working Alicia,

If you have any other issues or questions, please just raise a new support ticket with us.

Thanks and regards

Guilherme Viana
Atlassian Support 

0 votes
Alicia Pena May 18, 2015

It just started working!  I have no idea why it showed up with those crosses and dashes instead of inserting the links.  We didn't change anything, but today it's working correctly.  Very strange.... but happy it's displaying correctly now.

regards,

Alicia

0 votes
Alicia Pena May 15, 2015

Hello Guilherme,

Thank you for your response.  We are using Confluence version 5.7.3.  I checked permissions on every how-to page and thier parent pages between the operations space that don't work correctly and mine that do work correctly, and there's no difference in permissions either.

Alicia

0 votes
Guilherme V.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2015

Hi Alicia,
As far as we are aware, this shouldn't be happening with your system.
What could be happening, is if the "How-to" page has restriction for viewing.

I've made some tests, and if I restrict the view of a "How-to" page just for me, and other user tries to access the "How-to Article" space, it won't show the article created by me (He is going to see the same page you attached on this question).

You could try to check the restriction of those "How-to" pages, and if they aren't restrict for some specific user.

Could you confirm which version are you using? I would like to do more tests with the same instance that you have.

Thanks and regards,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events