Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to insert a pdf file in a customized template/ blueprint?

Christina Cordes October 3, 2017

I just created my own template with a blueprint and currently try to insert a pdf file in that template but it only allows me to insert pictures or URLs.

The overall idea is to create a template that always contains the same pdf file which will be then downloaded by a number of recipients and filled in.

1 answer

0 votes
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2017

Hey Christina

The trick here is to host your PDF on any other page of your space first (but in a page where you're sure it can't be edited or deleted by someone else). 

So here is the plan 

1. Add the PDF as an attachement somewhere in the space. 

2. In the template, select Insert Files and Images

3. Choose "Search on other page", type a part of the name of your PDF, select the space and click search. 

4. The PDF will show up and you can insert it. (It can take few minutes before Confluence indexes it, so if you search for it very quicky after you insert it, it might not show up)

And it's done ! 

Christina Cordes October 19, 2017

Sweet, thank you!

Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2017

You're welcome Christina ! If it solved your problem, can you please accept it as an answer ? Would be nice for other users to know this actually works !! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events