Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide some contents when export to Word document in confluence

Michael Park April 27, 2021

Hello,

Is there a way to hid some of the contents whenever you export to a word document in confluence? For an example, I do not want to see any words whenever I export as a word document from Confluence. I understand that we could manually delete whenever we export as word document but, I do not want to do that.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

@Michael Park 

I don't think I really understand what you are trying to do. Are you trying to hide certain text? If you export in Confluence it will export everything that is on a page.    If you do not want it to export then you could update the page and delete the content. 

Michael Park April 28, 2021

You are on a right point. Exactly I want to hide certain text whenever I export as Word Document. in Confluence. But the thing is, I do not want to delete the content in Confluence. I , I believe the "Scroll Only" macro will get the job done. 

Ignore content in Confluence, but include it in exports (k15t.com)

Check this link. This took me hours to just to find this information. Anyways it does not work for my Confluence. 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

@Michael Park the scroll only macro you shared from K15t does the opposite what you are describing "You can mark content to be included in exports but have it hidden from the Confluence page view"

Michael Park April 28, 2021

@Brant Schroeder That is exactly what I wanted. It's okay.

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2021

@Michael Park - you've stated that it's not working for your Confluence. Is it working now?

Just to be clear in order to use it, you need to export content with the Scroll Word Exporter. If you have any additional questions about that, feel free to also contact our support team via help@k15t.com.

Michael Park April 29, 2021

@Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ Hi, it is still not working. And yes to answer your second statement I am using the Scroll Word Exporter. 

I gave up because I don't time to keep working on this minor issue. But, thanks for the info.

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2021

Fair enough, @Michael Park

In case you still want to get a solution, let us know and we can have a look at your requirements.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events