How to hide a page in page tree

cnxYves January 27, 2014

Hi

As soon as I create a page with the template "How-To Article" in our KB space, Confluence automatically creates a page "How-To Articles" which lists all How-To pages. My problem was, that this page showed up twice in the sidebar. First, in "Space Shortcuts" which is the place where I want it to be, and second, in the "Page Tree" where I don't want it to be.

I solved this by setting the parent for this page empty. Now the page doesn't show up under "Page Tree" but it's listed under "Orphaned Pages" in our KB space.

Now I'm wondering, if this is the right way to do this?

Thanks for your help.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steve Thornhill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2014

Setting a page to orphaned does work to remove it from the page tree list. But it will still be available within the space, if you know how to find it.

I've used this method before to stop general access to a specific page ( and so it doesn't show up in the listing )

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2016

How do you set a page to orphaned?

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2016

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events