Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get dated task list items to populate on a team calender?

Jeremy Lynne Strabala April 21, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Create, Add, and Edit Calendars

Hello,

My company and myself are brand new to confluence and trying to just learn as we go, so I apologize if this question is trivial. I have little to no background with wikis, macros, scripts, or coding of any kind, and my supervisors (As well as IT) are not well versed in anything Atlassian, especially Confluence.

Is there a way to have the task list items populate on a team calendar since the tasks have dates associated with them?

Currently my team has a department space with multiple pages for each of our projects. I have set up a subsection on each page/project for a task list of things that need to be done. It is formatted as:

@ (Mention Person Here) "Type in what ever the task may be here" // (Enter Due Date Here)

It would be nice if there was an easy way that the calendars, made for each respective project, would auto populate these tasks with an event.

A further extension would be awesome if the calendar could pull the task from when it was assigned, and show it as an open running event until it is checked completed (with an ability to set a due date as well).

Thank you, I could use all the help I can get.

3 answers

1 vote
Edward Hibbert August 12, 2016

Hi, I'm also a new user and functionality requested here would also be amazingly useful for us. Is there anyway to enable this?

Thanks!

0 votes
Mike Doolittle October 4, 2019

Late response, but hopefully this is helpful...

I think Jeremy is/was looking to add Confluence Tasks (rather than Jira issues) to a Confluence Team Calendar.  It appears that there's no way to do this at the current time but I'd encourage you to follow/comment/watch this request: CONFCLOUD-50282

0 votes
Paul Herr February 14, 2018

Did you ever got your question answered or now learn to do it?

Hopefully, you did, or else looking into advance searching.  It will give you a good clue as to how to do it.  If that doesn't help, below is a filter I did:  show me all tasks in the TET project assigned to John Doe that's been updated in the last week and order them using the status in ascending order. 

project= TET AND assignee="John Doe" AND (updated>-1w  OR status!="Done") ORDER by Status  ASC 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events