Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable Firefox spell checking in Confluence?

Robert Lauriston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2014

I used to have Firefox spell checking when editing pages in Confluence. Just noticed today that I do not. It's enabled in Firefox and works on other sites. Is there some way to get it back or is this yet another reason to switch to Chrome?

Confluence 5.4.4, Firefox 31.0.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Lauriston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2016

Has not been a problem for a while.

1 vote
grsgef grgewf January 14, 2019

Spellcheck in Chrome works fine, but not in Firefox! Also tested it on a trial confluence cloud instance, same thing. Firefox version: 64.0.2

0 votes
Gavin Bunney April 19, 2016

Check out the new spell check plugin [Spellproof for Confluence|https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/au.net.bunney.spellproof.plugins.spellproof-confluence/server/overview] now available on Atlassian's Marketplace.

You can check spelling and grammar on your Confluence pages in three different languages - English, French and German. 

> Disclosure: I work on the Spellproof plugin smile We would love any feedback!

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 30, 2014

The spell check functionality is not a fucntion of the wiki. That is implemented by the browser and if the browser is not working correctly you should look there for the fix.

Luis Ferro November 11, 2020

That is not 100% truth. If the software is using non-standard ui elements to "emulate" a text box, the browsers (regardless of brand) may fail to activate the spellchecking on that ui element.

This is still an issue 6 years after.

0 votes
Robert Lauriston
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2014

Looks like it's an intermittent problem, just came back. I guess it's yet another reason to switch to the better wiki that somebody might come out with one of these days.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events