How to display or browse a big Organizational chart in Confluence?

I am looking for a solution to display a big organizational chart inside Confluence.

I have a chart of ~12.000 users so I need something that would work. I already have the data mappend from LDAP to SQL and I can even convert it to JSON or other format if needed.

Still, I need a solution to display these inside confluence.

Note: AppFusion plugin which was disabled from the Marketplace (don't know why) does not count as an answer as it has a prohibitive cost of $10000 (even $1000 could probably be evaluated as too expensive).

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Davin Studer Community Champion Jul 22, 2014

One option would be the User Profile Plugin. It allows you to define a manger/employee relationship between logins. It will display on the user's profile their manager and their co-workers based on that. If you want to move up the org chart you simply click on the manger and it moves one level up.

Nice Feature, but it has serious problem when the chart got bigger. Another feature that it's good to be considered in next releases is to ability do define any chart using users avaters. For Example we have different org chart for two different Projects and we want to have different users hierarchy for those two projects.

Have a look at Profile Fields & Org-Charts add-on for JIRA Cloud: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.stonikbyte.jira.custom.fields.plugin/cloud/overview

It generates and displays org charts based on JIRA users and their relationships defined via profile custom fields. The Org Charts are in form of dashboard gadgets.

If you have both JIRA & Confluence, the JIRA gadgets can be displayed in Confluence pages as well.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,908 views 27 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you