Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable the email notice ?

xiaobo ding March 28, 2017

Now when  i update or watched some pages or other people update some pages, I will get  many emails.

I just want the email notice when some one @ me or  some one share page to me. 

So how to do it ?

6 answers

0 votes
Ekaterina April 5, 2022

Finally, I've found the solution. I cleared plugins cache. It worked for me.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-clear-confluence-plugins-cache-297664846.html

0 votes
Sergio _ March 28, 2022

Any knows how to re-enable the notification?
thanks

0 votes
Ekaterina March 24, 2022

Hello!

Did anyone find a solution? I've got the same problem: I used Atlassian instructions  to disable notifications and now I cant switch it on :(

0 votes
xiaobo ding March 29, 2017

post data:

{"message":"The module class cannot be determined, likely because it needs a concrete module type defined in the generic type it passes to AbstractModuleDescriptor","status-code":500,"stack-trace":"java.lang.IllegalStateException: The module class cannot be determined, likely because it needs a concrete module type defined in the generic type it passes to AbstractModuleDescriptor\n\tat com.atlassian.plugin.descriptors.AbstractModuleDescriptor.loadClass(AbstractModuleDescriptor.java:241)\n\tat com.atlassian.confluence.notifications.impl.descriptors.NotificationDescriptor.loadClass(NotificationDescriptor.java:102)\n\tat com.atlassian.plugin.descriptors.AbstractModuleDescriptor.enabled(AbstractModuleDescriptor.java:461)\n\tat com.atlassian.confluence.notifications.impl.descriptors.AggregateModuleDescriptor.enabled(AggregateModuleDescriptor.java:77)\n\tat com.atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager.notifyModuleEnabled(DefaultPluginManager.java:1991)\n\tat com.atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager.enablePluginModule(DefaultPluginManager.java:1976)\n\tat com.atlassian.confluence.plugin.EventDispatchingPluginController.enablePluginModule(EventDispatchingPluginController.java:71)\n\tat sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor181.invoke(Unknown Source)\n\tat sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)\n\tat java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)\n\tat org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:302)\n\tat org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:190)\n\tat org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:157)\n\tat org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.proceedWithInvocation(TransactionInterceptor.java:99)\n\tat org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAspectSupport.invokeWithinTransaction(TransactionAspectSupport.java:281)\n\tat org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:96)\n\tat org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:179)\n\tat org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:208)\n\tat com.sun.proxy.$Proxy98.enablePluginModule(Unknown Source)\n\tat sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor181.invoke(Unknown Source)\n\tat sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)\n\tat java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)\n\tat com.atlassian.plugin.util.ContextClassLoaderSettingInvocationHandler.invoke(ContextClassLoaderSettingInvocationHandler.java:26)\n\tat com.sun.proxy.$Proxy379.enablePluginModule(Unknown Source)\n\tat sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor181.invoke(Unknown Source)\n\tat sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)\n\tat java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)\n\tat org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:302)\n\tat org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.service.importer.support.internal.aop.ServiceInvoker.doInvoke(ServiceInvoker.java:56)\n\tat org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.service.importer.support.internal.aop.ServiceInvoker.invoke(ServiceInvoker.java:60)\n\tat org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:179)\n\tat org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.doProceed(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:133)\n\tat org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.invoke(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:121)\n\tat org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:179)\n\tat org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.service.util.internal.aop.ServiceTCCLInterceptor.invokeUnprivileged(ServiceTCCLInterceptor.java:70)\n\tat org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.service.util.internal.aop.ServiceTCCLInterceptor.invoke(ServiceTCCLInterceptor.java:53)\n\tat org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:179)\n\tat

0 votes

post data:

1. {key: "page-moved-notification",…}
    1. broken:false
    2. completeKey:"com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-content-notifications-plugin:page-moved-notification"
    3. enabled:true
    4. key:"page-moved-notification"
    5. links:{,…}
    6. optional:true
    7. recognisableType:true

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2017

Hi,

you can adjust email notification in your profile settings. Open your profile -> settings -> Email

There you should disable "autowatch" and all subscriptions.

After that, you should look at your watches and click on stop watching for each. 

I knew it ,But I want to know how to adjust all user's email config?

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2017

OK, I config it by the step  .

I made a misstake  that disable some usefull moudle. But i can't  enable it again. 

How  to enable it ?

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2017

Please give us more information. How should we help without any information? What have you disabled?

The only thing, I can say is that your "useful module" might have dependencies to other modules which are still disabled. 

Maybe you have to enable your modules in the right order. But please be careful to not disable more modules. Is this a test Confluence or your production installation? Do you have a backup?

If you do not know, what you are doing there with the System add-ons, this could become a serious problem. Maybe you should ask Atlassian support for further support. 

blogpost-created-notification  Disabled
blogpost-edited-notification        Disabled
blogpost-trashed-notification       Disabled
blogpost-moved-notification    Disabled

When  i click the button "enable",It doesn't work. I always show diabled.

So i don't know how to enable this 4 moudles  again. 

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2017

do you see an error message in the logfile?

This is the post data :

1. {key: "page-moved-notification",…}
    1. broken:false
    2. completeKey:"com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-content-notifications-plugin:page-moved-notification"
    3. enabled:true
    4. key:"page-moved-notification"
    5. links:{,…}
      1. modify:"/rest/plugins/1.0/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-content-notifications-plugin-key/modules/page-moved-notification-key"
      2. plugin:"/rest/plugins/1.0/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-content-notifications-plugin-key"
      3. self:"/rest/plugins/1.0/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-content-notifications-plugin-key/modules/page-moved-notification-key"
    6. optional:true
    7. recognisableType:true

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2017

I'm sorry, I think this is not a case for this userforum anymore.

I think you should ask official Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com/contact/), refer to that page in the Atlassian knowledgebase, describe your problem and ask them what to do next.

They can dive much deeper into your problem than we can do here.

Good luck!

OK. Thank  you very much.

Volker Weinreich December 20, 2021

Hello,

I have the exact same problem and I find it insufficient that Atlassian gives instructions on how to disable notifications and doesn't say a word about how to re-enable it or that there can be problems.

Can you please tell me, what was the solution to this problem?

Thanks and greetings

Volker

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events