How to disable "auto look and feel" feature when uploading Confluence logo

Kai Gottschalk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2014

With Confluence 5 (and JIRA 6) Atlassian introduced a feature called "Auto look and feel":

Confluence's Auto Look and Feel will detect the colours in your new logo, and change the site colour scheme to match.

How may I disable this option? E.g. in case I do not want the colors from the logo but some (slightly) different ones. Each logo-upload will overwrite my manual settings.

I was already checking the documentation, Google and questions/answers without success. There has to be an easy way, right?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
David Gruber July 16, 2014

I tested today in the latest versions of JIRA and Confluence OnDemand and saw that after you upload a logo and the automatic color changes occur the following message displays on the screen where at the end there is a link to undo the automatic color changes:

We've updated the color scheme to match your logo. Undo.

KaiG July 16, 2014

So the answer is, at least with JIRA 6.3.1 and Confluence 5.5.x we'll basically have the chance to undo the changes. Thanks David for the update!

Kai Gottschalk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2014

So the answer is basically: At least with JIRA 6.3.1+ and Confluence 5.5.x+ we'll able to undo the changes. Thanks David!

Benjamin Howard June 27, 2019

The undo button does nothing for me...

0 votes
Mark Iveson July 22, 2020

Stupid feature, you can't upload a logo without it resetting the colour scheme to match the logo. At least have an option to not automatically update the color scheme.

0 votes
Adrian Moerchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2014

I don't know if this exactlky what you meant, but maybe try to reset the color scheme after uploading the logo: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Customising+Colour....

Kai Gottschalk
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2014

Thanks for your answer. I see, I've got to be more precise :-)

Steps to reproduce:

1.) Take the initial color scheme

2.) Modify this scheme in several ways (we modified nearly all colors)

3.) This is the result we need!

4.) Upload company logo

5.) Auto look and feel removes all modifications from 2.) and we need to redo it to reach 3.) again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events