Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete a column in a table

Fahmida Yasmin-Monium October 18, 2019

Hi,

How do you delete a column in a table, I have tried to use the shortcut ctrl+shift+x but this does not work, I have a Windows machine.

There are no visible options to delete.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Alexander Ling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2019

Hello @Fahmida Yasmin-Monium

I am not sure if this is any specific to "questions for confluence" but in confluence without any plugins you should look for the icon in the image below:

image.png

If this is completly wrong, please send me a picture of what you see so I know where you are trying to delete a column.

I hope the first solution solves your issue! :-)

Fahmida Yasmin-Monium October 18, 2019

table.pngI don't appear to have that option. 

Alexander Ling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2019

Hello! 

Sorry for the late answer. When im in confluence, the bar appears (like the on in my image)  when I left click inside the table. So if that doesn't work, I am not sure what else you can do. I haven't found any keyboard shortcut that works for removing a column.

Hopefully you get the bar to show and it will solve your issue. :-)

Tricia Valadez April 26, 2022

Found it, even though this is years later, but if you click on the dot at the top of the column, the x will show up to delete

Rex Jolley August 19, 2022

The dot always turned into a plus button for me when I tried Tricia's method, so if anyone found this thread today if you select every row in the column that you want to delete, the X will appear at the top.

Like # people like this
Queiroz, Carlos February 2, 2023

Rex's answer helped me a lot. Jut click on top of the column and the X button will appear

Captura de Tela 2023-02-02 às 10.30.35.png

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events