How to create a public and private space in confluence

So basically I want to know how to create some pages in my confluence that are public (anonymous access to view) but some that are private. If this is not possible then maybe you need to create an entirely new space for private content and one for public content but I haven't been able to achieve this so far. Can you do this and how??? 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Accepted answer

The most simple approach is the one you suggest, but you don't explain what the problem you are having doing it is?

Set up space 1 with anonymous view access, and space 2 without it.  That gives you a public and a private space.

If you want to do this for parts of spaces, this is also possible.  You need to make the space anonymously accessible first, then you hide parts of it by adding "view restrictions".  The restrictions will cascade down to child pages, so you could start with a simple "page 1 (and children) public, and page 2 (and children) private", but you can put restrictions on at any level, not just the top level pages.

Thanks Nic. I had forgotten to turn off the permissions to view in the private space. Many thanks!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

68 views 3 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you