How to create a new Decision page with a custom label

Stuart French January 14, 2014

I want to create Decisions under a Project Page and place the Project label on the new page so it appears in the Page Properties Macro. How do I do this?

Create from Template doesn't allow me to place a label, and Create Page doesn't allow me to use Decisions as a Template.

Please HELP????

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
jing_hwa_cheok
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2014

Hi Stuart,

You can add additional label with the edit button beside the label after the page is created.

Let me know if I misunderstood your issue.

Stuart French January 15, 2014

Thanks Jing Hwa,

We have many projects in the Projects Space. The lack of ability of the Page Properties Report macro to filter by Children means I have to get my project staff (and non tech people) to manually put a unique and exact label related to decisions for that project on each Decision page as you have suggested. This simply isn't working. People don't know they have to put it on, let alone which one to put on. Because the template is space-wide, I can't even embed an instructional text in the decision template on which label to add (not that they would follow the instructions).

To have a workable solution for Decisions, I either need the Page Properties Report macro updated to filter by Children-Of (I have raised a JIRA request for this), or I need to ba able to automatically add a label to the page when it is created.

The other problem I have noticed is that the Decision is created at the root level of the space when it is created by the Create from Template macro, so the whole Decision system is still very buggy when it comes to a complete implementation. Any idea how I get around these issues?

jing_hwa_cheok
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2014

Hi Stuart,

The viable workaround I can think of for now is to create a few different template based on Decision with predefined label.

To achieve this:

1. Go to Confluence Admin >> Global Template
  2. Click Edit on the Decision Template
  3. Copy the Content of the Decision Template
  4. Click Add New Global Template
  5. Paste the Content in the New Template
  6. Add the Label you need into the template then save

This way, your user can create a page with a template that has same content as Decision but without the hassle of adding custom label to it.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Jing Hwa

Stuart French January 16, 2014

Yep, long way around, but it will work. Well done Jing.

Thankyou.

Stu French

David March 15, 2017

The only problem with this solution is that templates become available on the application level and not on the space level only.

If you have many spaces and each want to use this feature, this becomes unmanageable....

0 votes
EPS Software Engineering AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2016

Hi Stuart,

Our Add-on Page Tree Creator works a bit different than the Confluence blueprints / templates. The PTC-templates are based on normal confluence pages and and you can set labels. Start the process by clicking a button or choosing the menu item, fill out the form and the page with the correct labels gets created.

Try our Live Examples (no registration needed).

Marketplace link: Page Tree Creator.

Regards,
Stephan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events