How to copy a page with child pages- when the 'Pages' in top right corner is not there?

Nafisah Bhatty January 6, 2020

I have read the advice page about copying a whole page with all child pages, but I do not have the Pages option on the top right corner, therefor I cannot choose the location and opt to copy all the child pages. Please help!

2 answers

0 votes
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2020

I found your issue. So I have both cases here: with location tag and without any location or draft.

The first case: I have a page with some content, and it's child pages.Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 2.52.12 PM.pngThe second case: Page with no content, just embedded Page Tree macro with its child pages. I have no idea why Confluence is differentiating it that way, but here I can use the Move option while copying the page and change the future location.

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 2.54.47 PM.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2020

PS: gosh, each attempt creates you an Unpublished draft :D 

Ben Barden January 6, 2020

Thank you :) With the move page link in the 2nd example, I still don't see the child pages option :(

But, it sounds like it might not be an option?

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Questions-for-Confluence/Copying-a-Parent-Page-along-with-Child-Pages-and-Sub-Child-Pages/qaq-p/1209611?utm_source=atlcomm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mentions_reply&utm_content=topic

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2020

This is a bit misleading "Specify the new parent page for this page and its children by space and title." :(

I guess you are right, I made a few copies, but only the Parent page was duplicated. Sorry for not being able to fully assist you with this use case @Ben Barden 

That's ok, thank you for trying :)

0 votes
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2020

Hi @Nafisah Bhatty 

This usually means that you don't have admin rights to perform actions in Confluence. You should contact your Confluence admins and request permissions or ask them to support you with this case.

The other way around is to copy all child pages one by one, annoying, but if it works, it may be a solution :)

Nafisah Bhatty January 6, 2020

Hello @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_  thank you so much for getting back to me!

I am the admin though :(

Why else could this be? 

Is it something to do with the new page editor?

The guide here shows what should happen: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/copy-a-page-139013.html

But when going to copy, that box never pops up - it just opens a new copy of the page you're on. The copy page box never appears.

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2020

Oh, that's interesting. Are you on Cloud or Server? And do you check all the permissions and restrictions? I sometimes have some issues with Page permissions, which are different from the Space permissions. 

Like a permission spaghetti.

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2020

This is my attempt copying page in the New Cloud editor:

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 2.37.38 PM.png

You can change the location from this shortcut and will automatically include the child pages. Pop-ups no more :)

Hey @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ - just to clarify, both @Nafisah Bhatty and I are on the same Confluence instance and seeing the same issue :)

We are on Confluence Cloud. We are both listed as Site Admins, and we are also space admins for the spaces we're copying from and to.

Would you happen to know if the "copy page" dialog from the below help guide opens in all cases - does it work in the new editor? Sorry if it's not that - just that I remember having some differences between two versions of the page editor in the past...

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/copy-a-page-139013.html

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2020

Hi @Ben Barden :)

You are looking at the Server 7.2 manual; there is no dialog in the new Cloud Editor. Take a look at the Cloud documentation

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 2.46.46 PM.png

Try with the Copy function, change the location from your new Draft page and let's see what will happen :) 

Hey @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ here's what I get.

Viewing the page I want to copy

Screenshot 2020-01-06 at 12.46.47.png

I click Copy from the menu, then I get taken to the editor:Screenshot 2020-01-06 at 12.47.06.png

I can choose Move Page from the ... menu, but it doesn't give an option to copy child pages.

Is there any way to do this?

(I also see what you mean about the copy page being different on Cloud - this would be the right page)

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/move-copy-and-hide-pages-724764858.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events