How to configure sidebar in Confluence Cloud?

Greig Bloom June 23, 2017

Have used Confluence Server for many years. Have always been able to configure the sidebar to show the page hierarchy for quick navigation. Started using Confluence Cloud recently. I am the site admin, but I cannot figure out how to configure the sidebar. The "Space Tools" gear is showing up, but I don't see anything about turning on the page hierarchy anywhere. Guidance appreciated.

Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Susan Ostreicher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2017

Hi Greig,

It sounds like you answered your own question, and as far as I know the sidebar doesn't need to be customized in order to display the page tree. But if you're switching to Cloud, you might want to be aware that sidebar customization isn't possible in the new version that's rolling out:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/new-navigation-and-a-new-look-for-confluence-881536766.html

0 votes
Greig Bloom June 23, 2017

Ok... So I suppose that's a "nevermind." It appears when you go to the main "Page" page the hierarchy doesn't show up in the sidebar. But when you go to any page in the space THEN the hierarchy shows up on the left. So it seems like there's no concept of "configure sidebar" anymore. I guess... 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events