Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure relevant fuzzy search during the page creation?

deeptowncitizen February 16, 2017

I need to create a Knowledge Base with functionality similar to Stackoverflow: I have a set of articles+tags, and during the creation I need to find the most relevant articles

4 answers

0 votes
deeptowncitizen February 20, 2017

this is a bit another side of the problem.

At the moment we have a knowledge base built on top of Confluence.

The problem it is very difficult to maintain it and find anything relevant.

We have lots of articles, but we can't find them when it is necessary because built-in search doesn't meat our requirements.

Usually we have some short description of what are we looking for (20-50 words). We need to find relevant articles from entire KB. this should be ranked fuzzy search which includes all fields of the page.

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2017

Hi Dmitry,

Confluence uses the Lucene search engine, which is not brilliant.  If you're willing to try a few things then you can boost its performance or change it for another search engine entirely, for example.

There are lots of articles out there about both Lucene and specifically Lucene in Confluence if you Google them.

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2017

Hi Dmitry,

Thanks for the clarification.  You might find the Knowledge Base Survey Plugin useful - it's created by Atlassian and it's free.

0 votes
deeptowncitizen February 20, 2017

I have 2 cases to organize efficient knowledge base:

1. when I'm creating a new page Confluence should propose me most relevant existent pages
  2. improved search by text, sentences

It should index labels, title, content, implement fuzzy search

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2017

Hi Dmitry,

Your question is a bit unclear.  What exactly are you asking us?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events