How to bulk-export to word docx?

iamjusticetirael December 4, 2017

How to bulk export to word docs few pages? 1 page = 1 docx.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2017

If you have a solution (see the apps mentioned in the other thread) that accepts the page ID as a request parameter, then you could experiment with calling the corresponding "render" URL with a page ID.

If it works, then you can easily script this to iterate over the set of page IDs and produce one document from each.

0 votes
Karen Ferland January 10, 2018

I had a request to export multiple pages to Word. I opened a PDF that I had exported using Word and it worked. There may be gotchas that I have not found, but this appears to be a workaround (you can export to PDF and then open in Word and save).

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2017

Hi,

with plain Confluence, you can only export one single page to word.

There are apps on the marketplace that provide you with the desired functionality:

Scroll Office for Confluence

Content Exporter

I can't recommend neither the one nor the other, because I haven't tested them yet. 

There might be also other apps in the marketplace for that purpose. 

Without any additional apps, you can export your pages to pdf and then change the format somehow to word. There is a pdf export in Confluence for multiple pages. But I doubt, that the result of this two-time-conversion is looking good in word.

All this does not work. We need to export several pages to different documents. Steps:
1. Check several pages
2. Export on: 1 page = 1 docx

3. generating zip-archive

4. Download.

Scroll office and internal pdf exporter exporting several pages in ONE document

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2017

Ah, I see. But I'm sorry, I've never heard of such a functionality. 

@Thomas Schlegel Yeah.. So: :'(

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2017

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events