Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid parallel confluence editing/modification/overwriting (If someone have old draft)?

Imdad KP October 26, 2016

The goal here is to know when a modification on a page could be overwritten by someone else (which is the trigger for this ticket) and how one would avoid this to happen. How to avoid parallel editing and drafting of confluence page?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2016

Firstly multiple editors will be flagged

But the editors can set the Page Restrictions to just themselves as the allowed editor for the duration of their editing

I believe the new versions of Confluence have a specific multiple editing mechanism now

Imdad KP October 27, 2016

Hi @Rodney Hughes,

Thanks for that, I am using Atlassian Confluence 5.9.7. Could you please explain me how the mechanism can be used?

Thanks

Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2016

I think this new feature is called  "Collaborative Editing" in upcoming v6

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-6-0-0-m-eap-release-notes-838287794.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events