How to apply the CSS to topics in a space?

Arpita Pillai January 1, 2018

I am fairly a new user to Confluence. I am not sure where am I going wrong on this one. So I have created a basic CSS with heading styles, table styles, list styles, para style and pasted in Space Tools > Look and Feel > Stylesheet. My expectation was that these styles will apply by default to all the existing pages (using the various inbuild templates) inside that space wherever the relevant style is used. However, the styles apply to only those pages that I create using the default template and not the inbuilt ones. I really use the troubleshooting template and how to template. How do I customise them to use my stylesheet. P.S. I have applied the CSS to Global Stylesheet as well but I don't know if it is applying it anywhere. Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2018

Hi Arpita,

It might be that those pages are using a different style or class to customize them that have a higher priority than what you've set up. I tested this by styling body {} and it also worked on those pages, so we know it does work.

You could use one of the tools from our Basic Styling Tutorial under CSS Editing Tips > Use the right tools. This helps you select a specific style you want to edit and lets you know what we're using to style the particular part of the page.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any trouble.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events