How to add form elements to a macro?

Deleted user May 18, 2017

I would like to implement a macro (by implementing a plugin) that does the following:

• I embed the macro on a page.
  • The macro renders one or more form elements and a "Submit" button.
  • When the submit button is pressed, some macro functionality is called, that allows the macro to render additional content (or to change existing content) in the page.

I know that I could implement a Javascript solution to that, but is there already support in the plugin development in Confluence? I have seen a lot of macros that do similar things, but there is no source code available.

So the macro page-tree (with search box) is an example how that should work. I would be glad if anyone would have links to resources:

1 answer

1 vote
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2022

Check this page.

Zoriana Bogutska_Adaptavist_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 3, 2022

Alternatively, for this case user can try plugins from the marketplace. One of them is Forms for Confluence. There are a few different form macros (conditional fields, form page) that can create different behaviours depending on what input is received.

Also, the server version of Content Formatting Macros for Confluence offers a lot of macros that you can try for your case.

Both apps are developed by my team, so if you have any questions - let me know.

Like Craig Nodwell likes this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2022

Thanks @Zoriana Bogutska_Adaptavist_ , I've used Forms for Confluence extensively and highly recommend it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events