Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add comments on tasks?

Ahmed Trabelsi July 6, 2018

Hi,

While reviewing tasks for a set of meeting notes, i need to add comments and update the due date without going to the meeting note itself.

Was it doable?

Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Roman Kirilenko
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2018

Hello Ahmed,

You can try the Handy Macros app. It has the Handy Tasks feature that should help you. This app also has a bunch of other useful things.

Ahmed Trabelsi July 6, 2018

Hi Roman,

Thanks for sharing Handy macro addon.

I succeed to update task due date, however i need to update also assignee and add comments for tasks.

Any idea?

Thanks

Ahmed

Roman Kirilenko
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2018

At the moment, you're only able to switch dates anywhere in Confluence (Handy Date feature) and to add tasks to your existing task lists (Handy Tasks feature).

Handy Tasks is a completely new feature, so we have a lot of plans how to make it better. An ability to edit tasks within task lists is one of them. But I have no ETA for this feature at the moment.

Craig Bergmann April 3, 2020

@Roman Kirilenko  Any update on this?  I'm looking to manage tasks and finding the interface a little too simple.

Roman Kirilenko
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 4, 2020

Hi @Craig Bergmann 

I'm not sure. Let's ask the product owner.

@Natalie Paramonova _Stiltsoft_ , any plans on this?

Natalie Paramonova _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 6, 2020

Hi @Ahmed Trabelsi ,

Thank you for asking. The requested improvements for the Handy Tasks feature haven't collected enough voices to implement them for now. 

Tell me please whether your requirements for this feature are still the same? Or maybe you have other use cases and ideas?

It would be great to discuss them in detail. You can raise a ticket here.

Thank you!

Craig Bergmann April 6, 2020

I appreciate it. 

I'll definitely start a ticket for features on tasks; thank you.

0 votes
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 6, 2018

Hi Ahmed,

You can use inline comments or Talk inline comments to comment tasks in Confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events