How may I return JIRA issues in Confluence search?

Ryan D September 4, 2018

Setting up a Knowledge Base System using Confluence so that multiple departments within the company have one starting point for information, and the information silos can be undone. One group lives in JIRA, and rather than asking them to duplicate anything, I want to be able to utilize the search feature within the KB on Confluence such that it not only returns results housed within Confluence, but also returns relevant JIRA issues.  How can this be accomplished? Thank you.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2018

The search for Jira and Confluence only search their respective applications. However you can view Jira issues in Confluence using the Jira macro.

Thomas Güttler March 23, 2020

We show Jira issues in confluence. This works. But up to now they are not part of the search result. Is there no way to query both tools with one search form?

Alexander Gropp March 27, 2021

The only way I know is to use the confluence search in the header. There you can select the application (Jira, Confluence).

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kris G _Alacriz_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2018

Hi @Ryan D -

You need to use the macro Jira Issue/Filter in Confluence page to retrieve a set of rows based on the filter criteria. Hope that helps.

best,
Kris 

Thomas Güttler April 3, 2020

I know that you can insert a Jira-search-result into a confluence page.

But data from this Jira-search-result is not indexed. Items from this search-result are not found by the search in confluence.

But maybe I am missing something.

It would be very nice, if this would work!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events